1. Consider choosing a singular location that offers hotel accommodations, as well as ceremony and reception capabilities.
2. Get married in an (almost free) space. Some public sites like parks or gardens allow you to tie the knot there in exchange for a small donation.
3. If you’re willing to be flexible on your exact date...wait until four to five months before your desired wedding month to book your venue.
4. Decipher wedding testimonials to determine if it’s worth meeting with a potential vendor.
5. Attend bridal shows and expos early on in your engagement.
6. Never buy your wedding gown at full price.
7. Have your seamstress sew undergarments into your dress.
8. Book as many services as you can with a single vendor.
9. Don’t just tell your vendors what you like, show them.
10. Can’t afford a professional wedding video? Hire a shooter just to capture raw footage.
11. Buckle down and make an alphabetized Google doc with your guests’ names and addresses after you get engaged.
12. Number the back of your RSVP cards to correspond with your address document.
13. Address thank-you notes ahead of time for guests who send a gift prior to the big day.
14. Re-purpose your ceremony blooms for the reception.
15. If your venue hosts multiple weddings in a weekend, ask what rentals the other brides are using.
16. Love peonies, which are the most requested flower at weddings? Try using cabbage roses, instead.
17. Bring three pairs of shoes with you on the big day: heels, wedges and flats.
18. Keep your gown and veil in place during a windy outdoor ceremony or photo session.
19. DIY your makeup like a pro.
20. Pre-empt those frantic wedding-morning phone calls.
21. Tuck a few pregnancy nausea lozenges into your getting-ready bag.
22. Use the “balloon trick” to keep little people in line during the ceremony.
23. Get someone you trust to listen to the speeches in advance.
24. Just say “yes" and Have Fun!